- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 4 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Should There Really Be Outrage About Seth MacFarlane’s Jokes?
After all, isn’t that what was expected when he was chosen to host the Academy Awards?
Oscars host Seth MacFarlane shocked the crowd of Hollywood’s biggest names Sunday night at the Dolby Theatre by comparing the violence towards women in “Django Unchained” to “a Chris Brown & Rihanna date movie.”
…There was an audible gasp after that joke — but MacFarlane didn’t stop there.
He compared the overuse of the “N-word” in “Django” to a transcript from a Mel Gibson audio tape.
“A lot of controversy over the multiple uses of the n-word in ['Django Unchained'],” he said. “I am told the screenplay is loosely based on Mel Gibson’s voicemails.“Oh, you’re on his side,” MacFarlane said after another batch of silence.
Not everybody, though, was outraged by MacFarlane’s routine.
“You’re allowed to laugh at jokes about Chris Brown and Rihanna. Screw Chris Brown,” tweeted movie critic Richard Roeper.