- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 3 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Should There Really Be Outrage About Seth MacFarlane’s Jokes?
After all, isn’t that what was expected when he was chosen to host the Academy Awards?
Oscars host Seth MacFarlane shocked the crowd of Hollywood’s biggest names Sunday night at the Dolby Theatre by comparing the violence towards women in “Django Unchained” to “a Chris Brown & Rihanna date movie.”
…There was an audible gasp after that joke – but MacFarlane didn’t stop there.
He compared the overuse of the “N-word” in “Django” to a transcript from a Mel Gibson audio tape.
“A lot of controversy over the multiple uses of the n-word in [‘Django Unchained’],” he said. “I am told the screenplay is loosely based on Mel Gibson’s voicemails.“Oh, you’re on his side,” MacFarlane said after another batch of silence.
Not everybody, though, was outraged by MacFarlane’s routine.
“You’re allowed to laugh at jokes about Chris Brown and Rihanna. Screw Chris Brown,” tweeted movie critic Richard Roeper.