- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 11 hours ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 1 day ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Lying to Your Doctor
A little white lie has never hurt anyone, right? But what if you’re lying to your doctor? A new survey finds that the vast majority of doctors don’t think their patients are 100% forthright with them.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
We’ve all told little white lies, but do you lie to your doctor? A survey done by the Cleveland Clinic, Ochsner Health System and GE found 77% of doctors believe many of their patients omit facts or blatantly lie. Common fibs include diet, exercise, taking medicine and sexual history.
One doctor says a patient claimed he quit smoking, but reeked of tobacco. Although patients may lie because they are embarrassed or afraid, doctors say lying can lead to the wrong diagnosis or treatment.
Housecall for Health, I’m Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.