- Cover-Up Allegations Haunt Benghazi Committee HearingPosted 22 mins ago
- Vikings Ban Adrian Peterson Amid Child Abuse Case [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 3 hours ago
- Hired! Looking For Work?Posted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Oscars Preview: Best Actress
There is no overwhelming front runner for Best Actress in this year’s Academy Awards, but a record could be set in the category if the winner is one of two actresses with a special distinction.
FOX News Radio’s Sabrina Sabbagh explains in part four of her seven part Oscar series:
The category is one that celebrates the young… and the seasoned.
(Medved) “You’ve got the oldest nominee in that category, Emmanuelle Riva who is 85 years old and it’s going to be her birthday on Oscar day, she’s nominated for the french film “Amour”, and Quvenzhane Wallis who’s nine years old, for the “Beasts of the Southern Wild”.”
Harry Medved with movie ticketing site Fandango says he wouldn’t be surprised if the little girl takes home the gold, setting a record for the youngest actress to ever win an Oscar.
(“Beasts of the Southern Wild”) “The whole universe depends on everything fitting together just right.”
Also vying for the top acting spot… Naomi Watts for “The Impossible”.
(“The Impossible”) “I’m scared.”// “I’m scared too.”
Jessica Chastain for “Zero Dark Thirty” and Jennifer Lawrence for “Silver Linings Playbook”.
(“Silver Linings Playbook”) “What meds are you on?”//”I used to be on Lithium and Seroquel.”//”I was on Xanex.”//”You ever take Klonopin?”//”Klonopin.”
Riva has won two Best Actress awards this year from the BAFTA and the National Society of Film Critics, but Lawrence won the Screen Actors Guild Award and the Golden Globe went to Chastain.
Sabrina Sabbagh, FOX News Radio.