- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 4 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 2/20/2013
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
With a sequester looming right around the corner and both sides of the aisle beginning to panic, Brian is eager to know what steps each side will take to avoid massive budget cuts. Plus: Brian is outraged with the decree that came out last week, which states that wrestling will no longer be an Olympic sport in 2020!
Are YOU on Facebook? Then go to https://www.facebook.com/kilmeadefriends and “like” our page to get all the latest updates from Brian on your newsfeed!
The infamous pocket-tweeter and former U.S. Senator of Massachusetts Scott Brown weighed in on the sequester that is right around the corner. Brown said, “I think people need to understand why we got to this point. It’s because we’re on the verge of default and unable to pay our bills. Credit rating agencies were going to downgrade us, so we agreed with the President’s plan…”
“You tell a guy like that the wrong thing at the wrong time, it’s possible.” Dr. Keith Ablow weighed in on Oscar Pistorius murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. He explained that Pistorious might be telling us a portion of the truth: “When someone challenges him, he feels like it’s a life and death struggle.” He went onto say that if a woman challenges him by saying something like “you’re half a man,” at the wrong time, it is possible that Pistorious could pick up a cricket stick and crush your skull.
Navy SEAL and author of Damn Few: Making the Modern SEAL Warrior, Rorke Denver, talked to Brian about bec0ming a Navy SEAL and his new book. Rorke told Brian about why he decided to join the military, and explained that he did not get through the first time he tried to become a Navy SEAL. Later, explained to Brian that his book gives readers an in-depth look into the psychology and strategy behind everything a SEAL does.
NCAA and Olympic Wrestling Legend Dan Gable weighed in on the decree that came out last week that wrestling will no longer be in the Olympics starting in 2020. “I cried right away,” Gable said. “I am a guy where wrestling was my best sport. I’ve influenced a lot of people over the world and I’ve been able to help a lot of people over the world. And because of that, the opportunity needs to be out there,” he explained.
Pete Hegseth, CEO at Concerned Veterans for America and FOX News Contributor, talked to Brian about how the potential cuts will affect the military overseas. “They know they are walking back to less training, less maintenance, less opportunities for special skill training. Units are going to maintain their ships less, their equipment less, they are going to get less new cutting edge material,” Pete explained.
America’s Newsroom co-hosts Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum talked to Brian about President Obama’s golf outing with Tiger Woods this past weekend. Martha wants to know why anyone would want to be seen with Tiger Woods lately, while Bill and Brian argue that he is actually a real gentleman in person.