- Senator Mary Landrieu’s Keystone CollapsePosted 14 hours ago
- How Much Does Thanksgiving Cost?Posted 14 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Lawyer Sues Holder & ATF Over Homemade Machine GunPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 7 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Kansas City Woman Sues Birth Control Company For Costs Of Raising Child
Shonta Russell was surprised when, after 12 years of taking birth control, a test came back positive in June 2011.
Then, about three months later, Qualitest sent her a recall notice in the mail that stated that her pills had been packaged in the wrong order and were, therefore, ineffective.
The pills were rearranged, so that the pills a woman is supposed to take during her period were placed where the pills containing hormones should’ve been.
Russell had her daughter earlier last year and recently filed a lawsuit against both Qualitest and the company that packaged their product. She is seeking cobmpensation for emotional pain she endured as a result of the unwanted pregnancy, expenses associated with raising the child, and healthcare costs.