- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 41 mins ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 1 hour ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 4 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 4 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 5 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Russia Developing Killer RobotsPosted 6 hours ago
Kansas City Woman Sues Birth Control Company For Costs Of Raising Child
Shonta Russell was surprised when, after 12 years of taking birth control, a test came back positive in June 2011.
Then, about three months later, Qualitest sent her a recall notice in the mail that stated that her pills had been packaged in the wrong order and were, therefore, ineffective.
The pills were rearranged, so that the pills a woman is supposed to take during her period were placed where the pills containing hormones should’ve been.
Russell had her daughter earlier last year and recently filed a lawsuit against both Qualitest and the company that packaged their product. She is seeking cobmpensation for emotional pain she endured as a result of the unwanted pregnancy, expenses associated with raising the child, and healthcare costs.