- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Panel: Detroit in Crisis, Liabilities of $14 Billion
With small towns and big cities all around America finding themselves in economic trouble, the city of Detroit is in the midst of a huge financial crisis.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
A team appointed by the state to review Detroit’s finances reaches a unanimous conclusion:
(Dillon) “We believe there’s a financial emergency in the city.”
And what’s more:
(Dillon) “There’s no plan in place to correct the situation.”
State Treasurer and team member Andy Dillon:
(Dillon) “The city’s been running deficits really every year since 2005, and they’ve been masking over those in a way with some long-term borrowing.”
That borrowed money counted as revenue. Without that accounting rule, Detroit’s budget gap might be triple the current estimate of more than $300 million. The review team says the city’s long-term liabilities total more than $14 billion, including underfunded pensions.
The report recommends the Michigan governor declare a financial emergency.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.