- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 14 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 14 hours ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Oscars Preview: Best Director
FOX News Radio’s Sabrina Sabbagh tells us why in part three of her seven part Oscar series:
If you look at the early award show trends, Ben Affleck is a shoe in for directing Argo since he’s won just about every award so far. The problem with that: he isn’t nominated.
(Medved) “This was a very crowded year for Oscar worthy movies and there were clearly more than five best directors of the year. And they tend to like foreign directors and independents who kind of come out of nowhere.”
Harry Medved with movie ticketing site Fandango says that’s why you have people like Benh Zeitlin nominated for “Beasts of the Southern Wild” and Michael Haneke for “Amour”.
(“Amour”) “No, it’s not okay.”
But it’s not all unknowns in the category. Ang Lee is up for an Oscar for “Life of Pi” and so is David O. Russell for “Silver Linings Playbook”.
(“Silver Linings Playbook”) “What meds are you on?//I used to be on Lithium and Seroquel.//I was on Xanex.//You ever take Klonopin?//Klonopin. Yeah.//…What?”
But with Affleck out of the picture, the favorite to win is Steven Spielberg, for “Lincoln”.
(“Lincoln”) “This fight is for the United States of America.”
The Academy Awards air Sunday.
Sabrina Sabbagh, FOX News Radio.