- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 16 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 16 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Securing America: Domestic Drone Testing
In the sky – it’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s…a drone. Congress is learning more about domestic concerns of remotely-piloted aircraft.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
The Federal Aviation Administration wants to create half a dozen drone – or Unmanned Aircraft System – test sites around the country.
(Dr. Toner) “We expect to learn how UAS operate in the different environments and how they impact air traffic operations.”
…Dr. Karlin Toner with the FAA. The military relies heavily on drones to carry out strikes overseas, but here on the homefront, the unmanned aircraft could be used by police for surveillance, or by ranchers or farmers to easily check on livestock and crops.
Privacy advocates warn of a “surveillance society.”
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.