- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 9 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Lakers’ Owner Jerry Buss Dies
They wouldn’t have been the same, without him. Jerry buss, the owner credited with transforming the Los Angeles Lakers, has died.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports from Los Angeles:
Jerry Buss not only turned the Lakers into a team that won ten championships since he bought it in 1979, he made the basketball court part of the entertainment scene. And yes, we’re talking about all those times you saw Jack Nicholson court side.
Buss was born during the Depression. He started a mail order stamp collection company when he was a kid. Earned a doctorate in physical chemistry hence what many called him: “Dr. Buss.” Later he got into real estate, became a millionaire and bought the team when the NBA was struggling.
He became beloved here in this town, by basketball fans and players alike He died of kidney failure after being hospitalized for cancer. Buss was 80.
In LA, Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.