- ISIS Purportedly Beheads U.S. Journalist James Foley [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: T-Shirt Gets Veteran Thrown from Amusement ParkPosted 4 hours ago
- Protests Continue in Ferguson, MissouriPosted 4 hours ago
- Hired! College Majors That Could Bring Big BucksPosted 4 hours ago
- AFMW: The Legendary Ray StevensPosted 5 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Housecall for Health: Sugar on Wounds
A spoonful of sugar may help the medicine go down…but will it help your cuts and scrapes heal faster and healthier?
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Rubbing salt on a wound may be a bad idea, but how about a spoonful of sugar? A researcher at Birmingham University in England said he began a sugar study because his father used it for wound healing, claiming it prevents bacteria from growing.
The method has been successful in 35 hospital patients, who say, although they were skeptical at first, the results were revolutionary.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.