- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 2 hours ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 13 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 20 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 21 hours ago
Housecall for Health: Sugar on Wounds
A spoonful of sugar may help the medicine go down…but will it help your cuts and scrapes heal faster and healthier?
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Rubbing salt on a wound may be a bad idea, but how about a spoonful of sugar? A researcher at Birmingham University in England said he began a sugar study because his father used it for wound healing, claiming it prevents bacteria from growing.
The method has been successful in 35 hospital patients, who say, although they were skeptical at first, the results were revolutionary.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.