- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 1 day ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
FOX on Tech: Burger King Twitter Hacked
Burger King was not having it their way on social media. The fast-food giant is cleaning up the mess after losing control of their Twitter account.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
FOX on Tech.
Burger King’s Twitter account is back online after being suspended following a hacking.
(Burger King Commercial) “Exciting things are happening at Burger King.”
But those exciting things don’t include being sold to McDonald’s, as the hacked account had claimed. Typical tweets promoting chicken sandwich sales changed to vulgarity, including racial epithets and references to drug use.
A company spokesman says an outside agency works with their own social media team to manage the account, but didn’t know just how many people had access to the password. The hacking comes just two weeks after a quarter-million Twitter usernames and passwords were stolen by cyber attackers.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
McDonald’s responded to the hacking on their own Twitter account: