- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 4 hours ago
- Updated: Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma City (Live Coverage 10am ET)Posted 16 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 17 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 20 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 20 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 20 hours ago
Reminder: It’s Valentine’s Day! AKA Get-Her-Flowers Day
Guys, in case you’ve forgotten, it’s Valentine’s Day. A day that we keep florists very busy, so hopefully you’ve already taken care of getting your special lady some flowers.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper caught up with a suburban Chicago florist who has been gearing up for today:
Sandi Snell says getting ready for today has been several days in the making.
(Snell) “Mother’s Day is the biggest holiday of the year, but Valentine’s Day is the bigger one-day volume.”
The florist says the trend has been toward buying flowers from overseas, so that means 2-3 days to be shipped in from another country and another day of hydration to perk them up. And she’s been boosting the inventory of one flower in particular.
(Snell) “The everlasting, loving rose will always be the #1 flower of the industry, without a doubt.”
Close to 224 million were sold across the country last Valentine’s Day. The National Retail Federation says when it comes to Valentine’s Day, flowers come in second to candy.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.