- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Reminder: It’s Valentine’s Day! AKA Get-Her-Flowers Day
Guys, in case you’ve forgotten, it’s Valentine’s Day. A day that we keep florists very busy, so hopefully you’ve already taken care of getting your special lady some flowers.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper caught up with a suburban Chicago florist who has been gearing up for today:
Sandi Snell says getting ready for today has been several days in the making.
(Snell) “Mother’s Day is the biggest holiday of the year, but Valentine’s Day is the bigger one-day volume.”
The florist says the trend has been toward buying flowers from overseas, so that means 2-3 days to be shipped in from another country and another day of hydration to perk them up. And she’s been boosting the inventory of one flower in particular.
(Snell) “The everlasting, loving rose will always be the #1 flower of the industry, without a doubt.”
Close to 224 million were sold across the country last Valentine’s Day. The National Retail Federation says when it comes to Valentine’s Day, flowers come in second to candy.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.