- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 10 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 10 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 13 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 13 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 13 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 17 hours ago
IRS: “Where’s My Refund” Website Overwhelmed
Uncle Sam is asking some taxpayers eager for their refunds to slow down, as traffic through their refund-tracking website to spiking.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
The Internal Revenue Service telling taxpayers that checking the IRS website for the status of their refunds once a day is enough because its “Where’s My Refund?” website and smartphone app are being overwhelmed by frequent visits. The agency saying its systems are only updated once a day – usually overnight – and that the best time to check is evenings and weekends.
According to the IRS, nine out of 10 taxpayers typically receive refunds in less than 21 days when they file returns online and get refunds directly deposited into bank accounts.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.