- Cover-Up Allegations Haunt Benghazi Committee HearingPosted 24 mins ago
- Vikings Ban Adrian Peterson Amid Child Abuse Case [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 3 hours ago
- Hired! Looking For Work?Posted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Drive-Through Ashes Offered at Some MI Churches
Instead of a burger and fries… how about ashes? Some churches in Michigan are offering “drive-through” ashes this Ash Wednesday.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
Today is the start of Lent, 40 days of penitence and fasting. So, you’ll see Catholics with ashes in the form of a cross on their forehead.
At a Methodist church in Novi, Michigan you don’t even have to get out of your car. Pastor June Marshall-Smith is offering drive-through ashes.
(Marshall-Smith) “I think when people do have ashes in the morning they still don’t avoid worship. They do go to worship in the evenings and I think that might even encourage them to go to their own churches in the evenings.”
A similar service is being offered at Grace Episcopal Church in Mt. Clemens, Michigan.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.