- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 17 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 2 days ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Drive-Through Ashes Offered at Some MI Churches
Instead of a burger and fries… how about ashes? Some churches in Michigan are offering “drive-through” ashes this Ash Wednesday.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
Today is the start of Lent, 40 days of penitence and fasting. So, you’ll see Catholics with ashes in the form of a cross on their forehead.
At a Methodist church in Novi, Michigan you don’t even have to get out of your car. Pastor June Marshall-Smith is offering drive-through ashes.
(Marshall-Smith) “I think when people do have ashes in the morning they still don’t avoid worship. They do go to worship in the evenings and I think that might even encourage them to go to their own churches in the evenings.”
A similar service is being offered at Grace Episcopal Church in Mt. Clemens, Michigan.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.