- Deer Tick DangersPosted 16 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Drive-Through Ashes Offered at Some MI Churches
Instead of a burger and fries… how about ashes? Some churches in Michigan are offering “drive-through” ashes this Ash Wednesday.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
Today is the start of Lent, 40 days of penitence and fasting. So, you’ll see Catholics with ashes in the form of a cross on their forehead.
At a Methodist church in Novi, Michigan you don’t even have to get out of your car. Pastor June Marshall-Smith is offering drive-through ashes.
(Marshall-Smith) “I think when people do have ashes in the morning they still don’t avoid worship. They do go to worship in the evenings and I think that might even encourage them to go to their own churches in the evenings.”
A similar service is being offered at Grace Episcopal Church in Mt. Clemens, Michigan.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.