- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 2 days ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 3 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
CT Couple Named ‘Longest Married’
A Connecticut couple is being honored this weekend for a feat that is increasingly rare these days: A marriage that has truly lasted.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has their story:
When Ann and John Betar married, Herbert Hoover was President, Babe Ruth called his shot and the Dodgers settled on their team name – the Brooklyn Dodgers. That was 1932. The Betars are being honored by Worldwide Marriage Encounter as the longest married couple – more than 80 years and still going strong.
(Ann Betar) “We’ve had our good times and our bad times, but we’ve always been together.”
Even if they weren’t supposed to be. Ann’s father had promised her to another man, but she loved John, so they eloped. Five kids, 14 grandkids and 16 great-grandchildren later, John’s secret to a happy marriage:
(John Betar) “Just be contented with what you have.”
The Betar’s new title comes from nominations, so there may be couples married longer than these lovebirds.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.