- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
CT Couple Named ‘Longest Married’
A Connecticut couple is being honored this weekend for a feat that is increasingly rare these days: A marriage that has truly lasted.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has their story:
When Ann and John Betar married, Herbert Hoover was President, Babe Ruth called his shot and the Dodgers settled on their team name – the Brooklyn Dodgers. That was 1932. The Betars are being honored by Worldwide Marriage Encounter as the longest married couple – more than 80 years and still going strong.
(Ann Betar) “We’ve had our good times and our bad times, but we’ve always been together.”
Even if they weren’t supposed to be. Ann’s father had promised her to another man, but she loved John, so they eloped. Five kids, 14 grandkids and 16 great-grandchildren later, John’s secret to a happy marriage:
(John Betar) “Just be contented with what you have.”
The Betar’s new title comes from nominations, so there may be couples married longer than these lovebirds.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.