- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 16 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 1 day ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Securing America: Budget Cuts Carrier From Persian Gulf
The Pentagon says U.S. assets in the Persian Gulf remain ready to confront any threat, but those assets will not include a second aircraft carrier… for now.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports in our ongoing series on national security:
Like a shot over the Congressional bow as the sequester battle is joined, Defense Chief Leon Panetta has delayed deployment of an aircraft carrier and a guided missile cruiser to the Persian Gulf. A spokesman citing budget uncertainty, just hours after Panetta warned Congress again in a Georgetown University speech not to let automatic cuts take effect March 1st.
(Sec. Panetta) “My greatest concern today is that we are putting our national security at risk by lurching from budget crisis to budget crisis.”
Panetta’s doomsday planning for sequester includes unpaid leave for up to 800,000 civilian workers and cutting training and support outside war zones, but the deployment delay in the Middle East is a done deal.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.