- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 24 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Diet Soda Mixers Get You Drunk Faster
While on a low-calorie diet, the desire for a night out with friends at a local bar may get the better of you…but don’t go with the lower-calorie option for your mixed drinks.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Choosing diet mixers during a night on the town might seem like the better choice, but new research says the lower-calorie cocktails make you more intoxicated. A small study from Northern Kentucky University found drinking vodka mixed with diet soda caused alcohol levels 18% higher than those who drank alcohol with regular soda.
Experts say artificial sweeteners may cause alcohol to travel to the small intestine faster for quicker absorption.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.