- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 4 hours ago
- Hired!: Thousands of Job OpportunitiesPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Diet Soda Mixers Get You Drunk Faster
While on a low-calorie diet, the desire for a night out with friends at a local bar may get the better of you…but don’t go with the lower-calorie option for your mixed drinks.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Choosing diet mixers during a night on the town might seem like the better choice, but new research says the lower-calorie cocktails make you more intoxicated. A small study from Northern Kentucky University found drinking vodka mixed with diet soda caused alcohol levels 18% higher than those who drank alcohol with regular soda.
Experts say artificial sweeteners may cause alcohol to travel to the small intestine faster for quicker absorption.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.