- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 3 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 3 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 6 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 6 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 6 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 10 hours ago
Housecall for Health: Diet Soda Mixers Get You Drunk Faster
While on a low-calorie diet, the desire for a night out with friends at a local bar may get the better of you…but don’t go with the lower-calorie option for your mixed drinks.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Choosing diet mixers during a night on the town might seem like the better choice, but new research says the lower-calorie cocktails make you more intoxicated. A small study from Northern Kentucky University found drinking vodka mixed with diet soda caused alcohol levels 18% higher than those who drank alcohol with regular soda.
Experts say artificial sweeteners may cause alcohol to travel to the small intestine faster for quicker absorption.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.