- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 8 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 8 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 14 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 5 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 6 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Housecall for Health: Diet Soda Mixers Get You Drunk Faster
While on a low-calorie diet, the desire for a night out with friends at a local bar may get the better of you…but don’t go with the lower-calorie option for your mixed drinks.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Choosing diet mixers during a night on the town might seem like the better choice, but new research says the lower-calorie cocktails make you more intoxicated. A small study from Northern Kentucky University found drinking vodka mixed with diet soda caused alcohol levels 18% higher than those who drank alcohol with regular soda.
Experts say artificial sweeteners may cause alcohol to travel to the small intestine faster for quicker absorption.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.