- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 42 mins ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Guns In America: Bipartisan Gun Trafficking Proposal
As the national debate over gun laws continues, there’s a new bipartisan effort to get a gun bill to the House floor.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports in our month-long series “Guns in America”.
Guns in America.
This proposal isn’t a gun ban, instead focusing on guns changing hands.
It would make firearms trafficking a federal crime and boost penalties for straw purchasers, those who buy guns for convicted felons and others who aren’t legally able, to buy for themselves.
(Cummings) “We all need to join hands.”
Maryland Democrat Elijah Cummings, says he knows the bill won’t solve every problem.
(Cummings) “This is just one step. But that is no excuse for doing nothing.”
Virginia Congressman Scott Rigell, one of the two Republican sponsors.
(Rigell) “I didn’t actually consult with our leadership, though I found our leadership to be very open to good ideas.”
They say the bill in no way infringes on Second Amendment rights.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.