- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 7 hours ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 1 day ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
FOX on Tech: Taking a Facebook Break
Feel like you need to take a break from Facebook? Apparently you’re not alone, and some of your friends have probably already taken one.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
FOX on Tech.
Your best friend is just chilling. Your college buddy posts pictures of food. The Facebook posts just keep coming, but a new study by the Pew Research Center finds 61% of current users have taken a break from the social network for several weeks or more. Tech analyst Larry Magid:
(Magid) “It looks to me that Facebook may have reached a peak in the United States – not globally, but in the United States.”
Most surveyed – 21% – say they’re just too busy.
(Facebook User) “It seemed overwhelming, like I had to do a whole bunch of things and I had to keep on top of everybody.”
Ten percent say Facebook is a waste of time; 4% are worried about privacy. Facebook says it has more than a billion users worldwide and is the most downloaded app in this country.
Oops…Just got poked. Got to go.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.