- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 1 day ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
FOX on Tech: Taking a Facebook Break
Feel like you need to take a break from Facebook? Apparently you’re not alone, and some of your friends have probably already taken one.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
FOX on Tech.
Your best friend is just chilling. Your college buddy posts pictures of food. The Facebook posts just keep coming, but a new study by the Pew Research Center finds 61% of current users have taken a break from the social network for several weeks or more. Tech analyst Larry Magid:
(Magid) “It looks to me that Facebook may have reached a peak in the United States – not globally, but in the United States.”
Most surveyed – 21% – say they’re just too busy.
(Facebook User) “It seemed overwhelming, like I had to do a whole bunch of things and I had to keep on top of everybody.”
Ten percent say Facebook is a waste of time; 4% are worried about privacy. Facebook says it has more than a billion users worldwide and is the most downloaded app in this country.
Oops…Just got poked. Got to go.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.