- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 39 mins ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
FOX on Tech: Taking a Facebook Break
Feel like you need to take a break from Facebook? Apparently you’re not alone, and some of your friends have probably already taken one.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
FOX on Tech.
Your best friend is just chilling. Your college buddy posts pictures of food. The Facebook posts just keep coming, but a new study by the Pew Research Center finds 61% of current users have taken a break from the social network for several weeks or more. Tech analyst Larry Magid:
(Magid) “It looks to me that Facebook may have reached a peak in the United States – not globally, but in the United States.”
Most surveyed – 21% – say they’re just too busy.
(Facebook User) “It seemed overwhelming, like I had to do a whole bunch of things and I had to keep on top of everybody.”
Ten percent say Facebook is a waste of time; 4% are worried about privacy. Facebook says it has more than a billion users worldwide and is the most downloaded app in this country.
Oops…Just got poked. Got to go.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.