- Hired!: Thousands of Job OpportunitiesPosted 37 mins ago
- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 16 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 23 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Guns & The Mentally Ill [VIDEO]
How best to screen and stop potentially unstable people from acquiring weapons, is being debated by our Government and individual states.
FOX’s William LaJeunesse reports on how a law in Arizona is being used to do just that:
Arizona law lets family and friends report mentally unstable and potentially dangerous individuals; putting them on a path to court-ordered treatment. It’s a good start, says Attorney Chick Arnold:
Arnold: “Under those limited circumstances, the state’s rights trump the individual rights and the person’s subject to involuntary treatment.”
But Arnold says the law should go even further, by allowing doctors to report dangerous individuals directly to the no-buy list for guns. It’s a matter of privacy versus public safety, as the country grapples with the mental health issue.
In Los Angeles, William LaJeunesse, FOX News.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: