- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Guns & The Mentally Ill [VIDEO]
How best to screen and stop potentially unstable people from acquiring weapons, is being debated by our Government and individual states.
FOX’s William LaJeunesse reports on how a law in Arizona is being used to do just that:
Arizona law lets family and friends report mentally unstable and potentially dangerous individuals; putting them on a path to court-ordered treatment. It’s a good start, says Attorney Chick Arnold:
Arnold: “Under those limited circumstances, the state’s rights trump the individual rights and the person’s subject to involuntary treatment.”
But Arnold says the law should go even further, by allowing doctors to report dangerous individuals directly to the no-buy list for guns. It’s a matter of privacy versus public safety, as the country grapples with the mental health issue.
In Los Angeles, William LaJeunesse, FOX News.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: