- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 8 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 8 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 14 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Study: Gay Bullying Decreases With Age
A study believed to be the first of its kind has been published in the journal “Pediatrics” on teens who were bullied over their sexual orientation.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has the findings:
The seven-year study of 4,000 gay, lesbian and bisexual teens in England revealed at least one encouraging trend: As they got older, the bullying subsided. At the beginning, just over half the teens said they’d been bullied. By the end, that was down to 9% of the boys, 6% of the girls.
Co-author Ian Rivers describing a “sea change” in both cultural acceptance of gays and intolerance for bullying during the study, which ended in 2010. Still, by ages 19 & 20, the gay men were nearly four times more likely to be bullied than straight peers.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.