- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Germany Marks Hitler Anniversary
Germany is marking 80 years since a key date in Adolf Hitler’s rise to power in the country ahead of World War II.
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen reports from our European bureau:
Adolf Hitler became Germany’s leader, the Chancellor, in January 1933. A year later, he declared the Nazi Party was the country’s only political party. After six years, World War II began.
(Merkel speech in German)
Germany’s current Chancellor, Angela Merkel, using the anniversary to warn Germans complacency among the general population helped Hitler to seize power, and that it must always be guarded against.
A number of recent European elections have seen a surge in support for far-right parties. It’s thought Europe’s financial problems could be part of the reason for their success, with far-right candidates often campaigning against unpopular austerity measures.
In London, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.