- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 10 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 16 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 5 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 6 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
U.S. Economy Slips Into Reverse
Worrisome new signs for the economy… it has slipped into reverse, shrinking for the first time since 2009.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
It’s like a bucket of cold water splashed on hopes for a warming economy. The U.S. economy shrank in the last four months of last year by an annual rate of .1%.
That’s the first contraction since the recession ended. And it’s a sharp deceleration from the 3.1% growth rate in the previous quarter.
Slower inventory growth and government spending reductions are blamed. Consumer spending, business investment and housing were all up. This will likely intensify the debate over further spending cuts and tax increases.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.