- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 15 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 18 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Gun Control Debated On Capitol Hill [VIDEO]
For the first time since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, Congress is discussing gun control legislation.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Capitol Hill:
Describing himself as a responsible gun owner, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Democrat Patrick Leahy offers this preface:
(Leahy) “I note the Second Amendment is secure and will remain secure and protected.”
But ranking Republican Chuck Grassley says proposals already introduced, like an assault weapons ban and ammunition limits, don’t work.
(Grassley) “Those can be circumvented by carrying multiple guns, as many killers have done.”
The hearing featuring familiar voices in the gun control debate, the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre and Mark Kelly, the husband of former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, both testifying.
On Capitol Hill, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords speak at the gun hearing in the Senate:
WATCH the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre speak at the gun hearing in the Senate:
WATCH Mark Kelly speak at the gun hearing in the Senate: