- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 5 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 6 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Securing America: 9/11 Suspects’ Pre-Trial Hearings
Pre-trial hearings are underway at the U.S. Naval base at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba for six alleged terrorists accused of being the masterminds who plotted and financed the 9/11 attacks. The hearings are expected to last four days and are intended to clear up pending motions before the start of the military tribunals.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown has the details in our daily update on national security:
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is likely the most infamous of the six men being held for military trial at Gitmo. He’s accused of being the operational brain behind 9/11. He and five others are facing the death penalty and while they tried stalling the hearings Monday by being unresponsive to the Judge’s questions, the hearings will continue. The defense hopes the Judge will order the U.S. Government to preserve as evidence allegedly secret CIA prisons where their clients claimed they were tortured. The lawyers argue much of the evidence against the suspects could be thrown out if it were obtained through cruelty.
In Miami, I’m Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.