- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Police Barred From Local VT Gun Range [VIDEO]
A battle brewing in Vermont is just a snapshot of the gun debate echoing throughout the country. A local gun range is firing back against the Burlington City Council after they voted to advance a measure banning semi-automatic rifles and large-capacity magazines.
FOX’s Molly Line has the story from Burlington, Vermont:
The chair of the Lamoille Valley Fish and Game Club says the Burlington Police Department will no longer be allowed to train at its nearby facilities, citing constitutional concerns that the city is trampling on the Second Amendment and trying to supersede Vermont state law.
The Burlington PD released a statement saying:
“It’s unfortunate that this important and much needed community dialogue regarding gun control under way in the city of Burlington and across the nation has resulted in this action.”
The council’s proposal to ban certain assault weapons is far from being implemented in Burlington. First, city voters would get a say in 2014, then the measure would require approval at the Vermont legislature.
In Burlington Vermont, Molly Line, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: