- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Obama: Immigration Reform ‘Within Our Grasp’ [VIDEO]
President Obama, in a speech in Las Vegas, has outlined his immigration reform proposals, touting an effort from the Senate but also pointing out aspects of it he does not support.
FOX News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz reports from the West Wing:
The President said the immigration reform framework worked out by a bipartisan group of Senators is a good sign, and he praised some of its provisions.
(President Obama) “Which are very much in line with the principles I have proposed and campaigned on for the last few years.”
But the White House also criticized that plan for not extending immigration benefits to homosexual partners. One of the authors of the Senate plan, Florida’s Marco Rubio, warned the President the effort could fail.
(Sen. Rubio) “If this endeavor becomes a bidding war to see who can come up with the easiest, quickest and cheapest pathway to a green card possible.”
On the right, the Senate proposal has been criticized as an amnesty, while some on the left see it as not generous enough.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more from the President’s speech:
WATCH more on the impact of immigration reform: