- Joining The Pack: Arkansas Passes Religious Freedom Bill Similar To Indiana’s [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music’s Jessi Colter & Angaleena PresleyPosted 4 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 4 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Obama: Immigration Reform ‘Within Our Grasp’ [VIDEO]
President Obama, in a speech in Las Vegas, has outlined his immigration reform proposals, touting an effort from the Senate but also pointing out aspects of it he does not support.
FOX News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz reports from the West Wing:
The President said the immigration reform framework worked out by a bipartisan group of Senators is a good sign, and he praised some of its provisions.
(President Obama) “Which are very much in line with the principles I have proposed and campaigned on for the last few years.”
But the White House also criticized that plan for not extending immigration benefits to homosexual partners. One of the authors of the Senate plan, Florida’s Marco Rubio, warned the President the effort could fail.
(Sen. Rubio) “If this endeavor becomes a bidding war to see who can come up with the easiest, quickest and cheapest pathway to a green card possible.”
On the right, the Senate proposal has been criticized as an amnesty, while some on the left see it as not generous enough.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more from the President’s speech:
WATCH more on the impact of immigration reform: