- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 1 hour ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 21 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 1/29/2013
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
Brian is eager to hear what Obama will unveil today in Nevada about immigration reform, but is concerned about how much the bill is costing us. Plus: Expanding Medicaid? Brian takes a look at whether or not this is a good idea.
Are YOU on Facebook? Then go to https://www.facebook.com/kilmeadefriends and “like” our page to get all the latest updates from Brian on your newsfeed!
Brian’s co-host on FOX & Friends Gretchen Carlson stopped by and talked about immigration reform. Carlson said that it is a drain on our economy to not fix the immigration problem: “With healthcare, many illegal immigrants and others go to the emergency room for a cold or a cough,” she explained.
David Freddoso, author of Spin Masters: How the Media Ignored the Real News and Helped Re-elect Barack Obama, talked to Brian about why he wrote his book. “You basically have the press trying to shape and form and frame stories like that one in a way that helps Obama as much as possible, limits the damage anything might have done to him, and it was somewhat pathetic,” explained Freddoso.
Senior Economics Writer for the Wall Street Journal Stephen Moore talked to Brian about Obamacare and whether or not expanding Medicaid is a good idea. “If you look at the single biggest expenditure item in state budgets today, it’s Medicaid,” Moore said. He explained that Medicaid is eating into many other budgets including police budgets, education budgets, and more. Moore also weighed in on immigration reform and said that while he believes immigration is a huge asset to the United States, he is concern about the cost of the bill.
FOX News’ National Security Correspondent Jennifer Griffin updated Brian on the rumor that there had been a major explosion at a nuclear plant in Iran. Griffin said that she has reached out to intelligence sources that monitor Google imagery and seismic activity in Iran, and nobody has seen any evidence of this explosion. “Given the sensitivity of what’s happening right now in Iran, and between Iran, Israel and the United States, I think you do have to question the reports right now,” she explained.
Former Congressman Tom Davis (R-VA) talked to Brian about Obama’s tactics going forward and why POTUS seems to want to do everything on his own. Davis explained that Obama is trying to intimidate Republicans into moving forward, which is a tactic that has worked for him in the past. Davis also said that there is no chance the Democrats can win the House, but the Senate is a different story.
Former NFL Quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs Steve Bono gave his take on the outpouring of individuals weighing in on the safety of the NFL, including President Obama’s comments about the sport. Bono admitted that he was surprised by what Obama said, but explained that NFL players don’t wear that much padding these days, and thinks this is the reason for all the criticism lately.