- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 4 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 5 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 23 hours ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Securing America: New Airport Scanners
Some changes are coming to body scanners at U.S airports, but they’re not going away anytime soon.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado explains in our ongoing series on national security:
You may already know that the scanners that show a full nude body picture to security at the airport are going away – the TSA finding that not only did the machines produce humiliation, they also produced a lot of x-rays. Now, they’ll be using machines that scan using radio waves, and producing only a blurry figure on the screen. But will we have to put up with getting scanned forever?
(Napolitano) “We don’t put scanners in airports for our health.”
…Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano at a forum at the Wilson Center in Washington.
(Napolitano) “Those scanners are very valuable. Why? Because aviation remains a threat.”
Napolitano saying airplanes are still a favorite target for al-Qaeda.
In Washington, Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.