- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 15 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 1 day ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: OR Considering Cigarette Ban
Some are calling it a new version of Prohibition: One U.S. state is considering a law that would make cigarettes illegal in the state.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A proposal in Oregon to make cigarettes illegal may have the best intentions for public health. The bill would classify nicotine as a controlled substance – legal only with a doctor’s prescription – with possession leading to fines and even jail time.
Legislators say the ban could help prevent nearly half a million deaths every year, but other state lawmakers say, with almost 50 million American smokers, the ban is unrealistic and could lead to a black market in cigarettes.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.