- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 45 mins ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 59 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
New York Police Will See Through Your Clothing This Year
Police Commissioner Ray Kelley says the NYPD will begin using technology this year that can see through clothing.
“We’ve been looking at it for several years, looking at it with the Department of Defense, and also Metropolitan Police in London,” he said on CBS News’ Face the Nation.
New technology called Tera-Hertz scanners or T-Ray machines can be used to detect whether a person is carrying a concealed firearm. The new device utilizes T-rays, which pass through fabric and paper, but not cannot pass through metals.
“Basically, everyone emits Tera-Hertz radiation and if that radiation is blocked by something such as a weapon, you can see the outline of it,” Kelly explained.