- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 14 hours ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 22 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 23 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Superhero Mayor @CoryBooker Rescues Dog From The Cold
And for his next act…
WABC reporter Toni Yates noticed two dogs shivering in the frigid weather on Jan. 24, while reporting on another story in the area. Yates and her crew checked back several times to see if the owners had taken the dogs inside. The temperature in Newark was supposed to reach as low as 12 degrees Fahrenheit that night.
When she realized the dog’s situation wasn’t getting any better, Yates decided to appeal to the power of social media. And who better to call then Newark’s fast-tweeting, life-saving, superhero mayor?
At 4:38 p.m., she sent this tweet out, looping Mayor Booker in…
And by 7:56 p.m., Booker had the situation under control.
He arrived on the scene, bringing a police team along. With a Senate seat on his mind and cameras by his side, Booker carried the dog to the police car.
“If you’d crank up that heat, I’d appreciate it,” Booker told the police officer, according to ABCNews.com.