- The Winners Of The 2015 Boston Marathon Are…Posted 10 hours ago
- 2015 ACM Awards: Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan Win BigPosted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of Hewlett PackardPosted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 7 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Schools Must Open Sports To Disabled, U.S. Says
In an attempt to level the playing field for kids with disabilities, the government wants schools to give them a fair shot at making sports teams.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
The Department of Education is telling public schools that they must open athletic programs to students with disabilities, or at least provide teams and leagues that are of comparable standing as the existing ones.
Supporters of the move liken it to the adoption of Title Nine of the 1972 Educational Amendments, which guaranteed sports programs for female students.
Education officials say they don’t want to guarantee spots for disabled students on competitive teams, but allow a disabled person who can perform to have a shot.
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.