- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 13 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Iowa Police To Buy Own AR-15s
The Police Chief in Marion, Iowa wants to level the playing field with the bad guys, so he is suggesting a plan to more heavily arm some of his officers.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight explains:
Only about 38,000 people live in Marion. There were no murders there last year. But, Police Chief Harry Daugherty is worried that his 50 officers could be out-gunned by criminals.
FOX News has learned that he wants the city to okay his plan to have half of the officers buy their own AR-15 assault rifles, $2,000 each, to be paid for by deductions from paychecks.
Chief Daugherty says this would mean that first-responders have enough firepower to deal with heavily armed suspects. Currently, only officers on Marion’s 12 member SWAT team carry AR-15s. And, Daugherty says, “We can’t wait for SWAT to get there.”
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.