- President Obama Drops Proposal To Cut Tax Breaks For College Savings Plans [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Valentine’s Day Special: Adopt A Cockroach For Your ExPosted 8 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 11 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Immigration Reform Push
A push in Washington to overhaul America’s immigration system is getting underway in Washington.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
The President in his second inaugural speech vowing to:
President Obama: “…find a better way to welcome the striving, hopeful immigrants who still see America as a land of opportunity.”
Now, the White House and a bi-partisan group of Senators are launching separate efforts next week to jump start talks on immigration reform. It’s a focus of the President’s trip to Las Vegas Tuesday, while a Senate working group reportedly aims to outline its proposals at about that same time. One thorny issue; a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million illegal immigrants already in the country. The White House and Senate Democrats would like to address it through a broad package of legislation, while some Republicans prefer several separate bills.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.