- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Women in Combat Ban Removed [VIDEO]
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has announced that American women will be allowed to serve in combat.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown has reaction from Miami:
Allowing women to serve in ground combat opens advancement opportunities, says Army Captain Jessy Flores. She was attached to a combat group in Afghanistan.
(Flores) “Talking to you as a woman, yes, it is a significant announcement. You will go to career fields that previously were not available. So, like, everything new is exciting.”
And while she says not every woman will be able to cut it as a combat troop, they now can give it a shot. And if anything, combat commanders will have more troops at their disposal.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta speak on lifting the ban of women in combat:
Read statement below from Jessica Lynch on women in combat roles:
“The announcement by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to allow women to enter combat roles is good news for our military. For years, women have been integral to our successes in the fight for freedom throughout the world. We as Americans must continue to not only support our men and women in the military but also become their advocates, pushing our leaders to ensure those individuals have proper training and equipment. The total support of our military – those in combat and those here at home -protects every American.”
WATCH for more on this story: