- Breaking News WATCH LIVE: Deadly Fire, Building Explosion in NYC’s HarlemPosted 1 hour ago
- AEHQ: A Jolly Republican Win In Florida, Sinking The Competition [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Giveaways At ChurchPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Dangerous Plastic Bowls
What you are eating on might not be as important as what you are actually eating, especially if the material that is made of is harmful to your health.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study proves a chemical used in most plastic dishware can leach into food. The compound melamine has been linked to kidney stones and was responsible for infant fatalities in China.
A report from the Journal of the American Medical Association finds eating hot food from melamine dishware can cause high levels of exposure to both children and adults. Experts say to play it safe, serve hot food and drinks in ceramic or glass dishware.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.