- Ebola In America: CDC Confirms First US CasePosted 11 hours ago
- The Head of the Secret Service in the Hot SeatPosted 20 hours ago
- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 22 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Dangerous Plastic Bowls
What you are eating on might not be as important as what you are actually eating, especially if the material that is made of is harmful to your health.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study proves a chemical used in most plastic dishware can leach into food. The compound melamine has been linked to kidney stones and was responsible for infant fatalities in China.
A report from the Journal of the American Medical Association finds eating hot food from melamine dishware can cause high levels of exposure to both children and adults. Experts say to play it safe, serve hot food and drinks in ceramic or glass dishware.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.