- Deer Tick DangersPosted 8 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 1 day ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Documents: L.A. Church Covered Up Abuse
Personnel files from a Los Angeles congregation provide another embarrassing revelation for the Roman Catholic church.
FOX News Radio’s Sal Giangrasso reports:
Church personnel files show that retired Cardinal Roger Mahony and other top Archdiocese of Los Angeles officials worked behind the scenes to shield molester priests, keep parishioners in the dark and provide damage control for the church. The confidential records filed in a lawsuit against the Archdiocese show how the church handled abuse allegations for decades.
The Los Angeles documents also contain criticism from a top official who condemned leaders for keeping followers in the dark rather than protecting children. Mahony was out of town, but issued a statement apologizing for his mistakes.
Sal Giangrasso, FOX News Radio.