- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 1 day ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Documents: L.A. Church Covered Up Abuse
Personnel files from a Los Angeles congregation provide another embarrassing revelation for the Roman Catholic church.
FOX News Radio’s Sal Giangrasso reports:
Church personnel files show that retired Cardinal Roger Mahony and other top Archdiocese of Los Angeles officials worked behind the scenes to shield molester priests, keep parishioners in the dark and provide damage control for the church. The confidential records filed in a lawsuit against the Archdiocese show how the church handled abuse allegations for decades.
The Los Angeles documents also contain criticism from a top official who condemned leaders for keeping followers in the dark rather than protecting children. Mahony was out of town, but issued a statement apologizing for his mistakes.
Sal Giangrasso, FOX News Radio.