- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 21 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Alzheimer’s Implants Being Trialed
Scientists are testing an aggressive new method to try to stop the damage of Alzheimer’s Disease.
FOX News Radio’s Sal Giangrasso has details:
Scientists are testing so-called “brain pacemakers” to stop the creeping memory loss of Alzheimer’s Disease. The first U.S. experiments with these implants are getting underway, but it’s very involved: Surgeons must drill holes into a patient’s skull, then they implant tiny wires that shoot out mild jolts of electricity. By constantly zapping certain brain circuits, scientists hope to bypass some of Alzheimer’s damage and keep neural networks active.
But there’s a big caution – the research is in its infancy. Only a few dozen are getting the implants, and they’ll be closely watched for years.
Sal Giangrasso, FOX News Radio.