- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 4 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 12 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 12 hours ago
Alzheimer’s Implants Being Trialed
Scientists are testing an aggressive new method to try to stop the damage of Alzheimer’s Disease.
FOX News Radio’s Sal Giangrasso has details:
Scientists are testing so-called “brain pacemakers” to stop the creeping memory loss of Alzheimer’s Disease. The first U.S. experiments with these implants are getting underway, but it’s very involved: Surgeons must drill holes into a patient’s skull, then they implant tiny wires that shoot out mild jolts of electricity. By constantly zapping certain brain circuits, scientists hope to bypass some of Alzheimer’s damage and keep neural networks active.
But there’s a big caution – the research is in its infancy. Only a few dozen are getting the implants, and they’ll be closely watched for years.
Sal Giangrasso, FOX News Radio.