- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Alzheimer’s Implants Being Trialed
Scientists are testing an aggressive new method to try to stop the damage of Alzheimer’s Disease.
FOX News Radio’s Sal Giangrasso has details:
Scientists are testing so-called “brain pacemakers” to stop the creeping memory loss of Alzheimer’s Disease. The first U.S. experiments with these implants are getting underway, but it’s very involved: Surgeons must drill holes into a patient’s skull, then they implant tiny wires that shoot out mild jolts of electricity. By constantly zapping certain brain circuits, scientists hope to bypass some of Alzheimer’s damage and keep neural networks active.
But there’s a big caution – the research is in its infancy. Only a few dozen are getting the implants, and they’ll be closely watched for years.
Sal Giangrasso, FOX News Radio.