- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 11 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Who are the Algerian Hostage Takers? [VIDEO]
It’s one of the biggest international hostage crises in decades, but just who is behind the Algerian gas field attack?
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen reports from London:
The White House says it’s unable to confirm any claims of responsibility for the kidnapping, but it’s thought it was ordered by Mokhtar Belmokhtar, a veteran Islamist guerrilla fighter. He used to be a senior al-Qaeda figure in Algeria’s neighbor, Mali, but it’s understood he was pushed from his position in October.
He went on to set up his own group, and it’s thought that’s the one responsible for this attack. Belmokhtar is known for his appearance – he only has one eye. He’s also know for being a smuggler. His group, known as the Signed-in-Blood Battalion, says the attack is revenge after France sent troops to Mali to fight rebels backed by al-Qaeda.
In London, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the hostage takers in Algeria: