- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 23 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 1 hour ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 2 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 1 day ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
Who are the Algerian Hostage Takers? [VIDEO]
It’s one of the biggest international hostage crises in decades, but just who is behind the Algerian gas field attack?
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen reports from London:
The White House says it’s unable to confirm any claims of responsibility for the kidnapping, but it’s thought it was ordered by Mokhtar Belmokhtar, a veteran Islamist guerrilla fighter. He used to be a senior al-Qaeda figure in Algeria’s neighbor, Mali, but it’s understood he was pushed from his position in October.
He went on to set up his own group, and it’s thought that’s the one responsible for this attack. Belmokhtar is known for his appearance – he only has one eye. He’s also know for being a smuggler. His group, known as the Signed-in-Blood Battalion, says the attack is revenge after France sent troops to Mali to fight rebels backed by al-Qaeda.
In London, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the hostage takers in Algeria: