- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Who are the Algerian Hostage Takers? [VIDEO]
It’s one of the biggest international hostage crises in decades, but just who is behind the Algerian gas field attack?
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen reports from London:
The White House says it’s unable to confirm any claims of responsibility for the kidnapping, but it’s thought it was ordered by Mokhtar Belmokhtar, a veteran Islamist guerrilla fighter. He used to be a senior al-Qaeda figure in Algeria’s neighbor, Mali, but it’s understood he was pushed from his position in October.
He went on to set up his own group, and it’s thought that’s the one responsible for this attack. Belmokhtar is known for his appearance – he only has one eye. He’s also know for being a smuggler. His group, known as the Signed-in-Blood Battalion, says the attack is revenge after France sent troops to Mali to fight rebels backed by al-Qaeda.
In London, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the hostage takers in Algeria: