- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 9 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 10 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 11 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Inauguration Preps Underway In Washington
The nation’s capitol is being transformed for Monday’s inauguration of President Obama.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
On Pennsylvania Avenue bleachers are going up for Monday’s inaugural parade, as well as scores of porta-potties, jumbo TV screens, camera platforms and tall security fencing.
A smaller crowd is expected than 2009, which some estimates put at 1.8 million. But White House Press Secretary Jay Carney says it will still be sizable.
(Carney) “I would suggest to you that there will be a very good crowd on Monday.”
Unlike 2009 when there where ten inaugural balls, this time there will be only two: one for guests of the Obamas, the other to honor members of the military.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
And what can you expect at the inauguration? Well President Obama has revealed his full inauguration playlist.
FOX News Radio’s Sabrina Sabbagh reports:
Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson and Alicia Keys have already been announced to perform at President Obama’s inauguration Monday, and now a full list of performers and the songs they’ll sing is out.
Katy Perry’s will sing “Firework,” John Legend will belt out “Ordinary People” and Lady Gaga’s “Edge of Glory” will be featured, but the pop star wont be singing it, the cast of Glee is doing the honors. The entire playlist includes 16 songs.
Sabrina Sabbagh, FOX News Radio.