- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 10 mins ago
- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 17 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Hostage Standoff In Algeria Continues
UPDATE: FOX News confirms one American is dead in the Algeria hostage standoff.
There is still a hostage standoff in Algeria, and Western leaders say the details of that operation are still pretty vague. It is unclear how many hostages have been freed or not. Unconfirmed reports from Algerian state TV say there were 132 foreign hostages and that almost 100 are now free.
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen reports from London:
The gas facility where it’s thought hostages are still being held is in the middle of the Sahara desert, it’s described as one of the most remote places on earth.
It’s thought an Algerian military operation is underway, with one American among those unaccounted for. There are also reports seven other U.S. citizens are now safe and being evacuated.
(Panetta) “We are working around the clock to ensure the safe return of our citizens.”
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta saying terrorists will find no sanctuary in Algeria.
In London, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.