- Could A Traffic App Be A Danger To Police?Posted 9 hours ago
- Stresses of Social MediaPosted 14 hours ago
- NASA Goes Commercial?Posted 15 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: Effective E-Visits
You can use the internet for just about anything these days, so why not use it not just to make a doctor’s appointment, but have a doctor’s appointment, too.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports it won’t hurt you in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research suggests e-visits may be just as effective as seeing your doctor in person. For e-visits, patients fill out online forms about their symptoms and a doctor gets back to them with treatment advice.
University of Pittsburgh researchers found online care for sinus infections and urinary tract infections had the same results as traditional doctor’s appointments. Experts say they are convenient and save money, but should not be used for serious illness.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.