- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 6 hours ago
- Chesney’s ‘Big Revival Tour’ Gets BiggerPosted 7 hours ago
- Senator Mary Landrieu’s Keystone CollapsePosted 1 day ago
- How Much Does Thanksgiving Cost?Posted 1 day ago
- Legal Lis: Lawyer Sues Holder & ATF Over Homemade Machine GunPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Effective E-Visits
You can use the internet for just about anything these days, so why not use it not just to make a doctor’s appointment, but have a doctor’s appointment, too.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports it won’t hurt you in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research suggests e-visits may be just as effective as seeing your doctor in person. For e-visits, patients fill out online forms about their symptoms and a doctor gets back to them with treatment advice.
University of Pittsburgh researchers found online care for sinus infections and urinary tract infections had the same results as traditional doctor’s appointments. Experts say they are convenient and save money, but should not be used for serious illness.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.