- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Effective E-Visits
You can use the internet for just about anything these days, so why not use it not just to make a doctor’s appointment, but have a doctor’s appointment, too.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports it won’t hurt you in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research suggests e-visits may be just as effective as seeing your doctor in person. For e-visits, patients fill out online forms about their symptoms and a doctor gets back to them with treatment advice.
University of Pittsburgh researchers found online care for sinus infections and urinary tract infections had the same results as traditional doctor’s appointments. Experts say they are convenient and save money, but should not be used for serious illness.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.