- AFMW: The Rhett Walker BandPosted 1 day ago
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Dies at 90Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Cop Lip Syncing To Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”Posted 2 days ago
- Country Music Stars Defend “American Sniper” [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
al Qaeda Linked Militants Claim To Hold Hostages In Algeria
Militants linked with al Qaeda claim they have taken hostages in Algeria, including Americans, after an attack driven by the fighting in Mali.
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen has the latest:
The White House says it’s monitoring the situation closely. A militant group is claiming to have taken 41 Westerners hostage. That reportedly includes at least three Americans.
The kidnappers attacked a natural gas field operated by BP in Southern Algeria.
And a group linked to al Qaeda says it’s revenge for France’s military intervention in Algeria’s neighbor Mali, which has been underway for six days now.
The group says that campaign must end to secure the hostages’ safety.
In London, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta speak on the situation in Algeria: