- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 4 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 6 hours ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 7 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
al Qaeda Linked Militants Claim To Hold Hostages In Algeria
Militants linked with al Qaeda claim they have taken hostages in Algeria, including Americans, after an attack driven by the fighting in Mali.
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen has the latest:
The White House says it’s monitoring the situation closely. A militant group is claiming to have taken 41 Westerners hostage. That reportedly includes at least three Americans.
The kidnappers attacked a natural gas field operated by BP in Southern Algeria.
And a group linked to al Qaeda says it’s revenge for France’s military intervention in Algeria’s neighbor Mali, which has been underway for six days now.
The group says that campaign must end to secure the hostages’ safety.
In London, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta speak on the situation in Algeria: