- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Heavy Smog Choking China
Choking smog in the Chinese capital is prompting authorities to cough up more than usual. It’s coming clean on just how dangerous the pollution is.
FOX News Radio’s Alastair Wanklyn reports from Tokyo:
Beijing residents report a choking haze from cars, trucks and factories.
First the U.S. Embassy put out hourly pollution warnings. China’s government didn’t like that, but now it’s following suit, releasing hourly readings for 70 cities nationwide.
Moreover, the government is talking about the problem publicly, when the smog is really bad even urging Beijing residents to stay indoors to protect their health.
Such openness is prompting some there to say it’s like the winds of change are blowing through. But it’s not enough to sweep away the smog: so far the government’s stopped short of banning all polluters.
In Tokyo, Alastair Wanklyn, FOX News Radio