- President Obama Announces Plan To Fight EbolaPosted 55 mins ago
- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 5 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 12 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 4 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Senate Dems To Obama: If GOP Obstructs On Debt Limit, Take Action Without Them
The Senate’s leading Dems sent the President a letter urging action in the face of GOP blocking tactics. Jed Lewison summarizes the strategy — and the reaction:
The letter, which was signed by Harry Reid, Patty Murray, Chuck Schumer, and Dick Durbin, is being reported as an endorsement of raising the debt limit unilaterally, but that’s not entirely accurate. Unilaterally raising the debt limit would certainly be one way of sidestepping the debt limit crisis, but there are other options, including the platinum coin and issuing the equivalent of IOUs. … Republicans, of course, believe the Senate Democratic letter is an outrage, but despite their rhetoric, over here in the real world, the letter is nothing but common sense.