- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 14 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Housecall for Health: Soda & Depression [VIDEO]
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been pushing for a ban on large sugary drinks as a means to lower the obesity rate. But a new study suggests soda drinkers have far more to be worried about than their waistline.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research finds more bad news for soda drinkers: It increases the risk of depression by more than 30%. Study authors from the National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences say those who drink diet soda have the greatest risk, but found sweet tea and fruit punch were also high offenders.
They say, although further research is needed, the findings strongly suggest cutting down on sweetened drinks can improve mental health.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this study: