- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 1 day ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Soda & Depression [VIDEO]
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been pushing for a ban on large sugary drinks as a means to lower the obesity rate. But a new study suggests soda drinkers have far more to be worried about than their waistline.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research finds more bad news for soda drinkers: It increases the risk of depression by more than 30%. Study authors from the National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences say those who drink diet soda have the greatest risk, but found sweet tea and fruit punch were also high offenders.
They say, although further research is needed, the findings strongly suggest cutting down on sweetened drinks can improve mental health.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this study: