- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 4 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Following Current TV Deal, Al Gore Now Richer Than Mitt Romney
The former Vice President sold his Current TV network to Al Jeezera for a reported $500 million last week, a move that will make him worth at least $300 million, according to an estimation by Forbes. That’s more than Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who is worth about $250 million, according to a September estimate from Bloomberg.
If the Forbes guess proves true, it would likely come as a surprise to many. Since losing the controversial 2000 election to George W. Bush, Gore has probably become best known for his environmental activism, not his money (he left office with somewhere between $780,000 and $1.9 million to his name, according to MarketWatch). But he’s quietly made other moves to increase his wealth all the while — like launching Current TV, joining Apple’s board of directors and starting an investment management firm.