- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 13 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
CDC: Drinking Women Not Getting Enough Attention
Boozing isn’t just for boys. A CDC report highlights an ongoing trend among women and girls who are consuming too much alcohol.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention say not enough attention is paid to the problem of binge-drinking females.
(Dr. Frieden) “There are about 23,000 deaths in women and girls each year due to drinking too much alcohol. Most of those deaths are from binge drinking.”
…Tom Frieden, the CDC director. He says 1-in-5 high school girls admits to drinking too much all at once, which could lead to other problems.
(Dr. Frieden) “And those include engaging in behaviors you may well regret the next morning and that may have long-term negative consequences.”
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.