- AFMW: The Rhett Walker BandPosted 2 days ago
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Dies at 90Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Cop Lip Syncing To Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”Posted 3 days ago
- Country Music Stars Defend “American Sniper” [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 1/8/2013
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
“He’s a Republican not popular with Republicans!” President Obama has officially nominated Senator Chuck Hagel to be the next Secretary of Defense, even though many Republican Senators are very concerned over some of Hagel’s views on foreign policy; but will this be enough to block the nomination? Brian looks into this, with the help of his guests, including Senator Ron Johnson.
Are YOU on Facebook? Then go to https://www.facebook.com/kilmeadefriends and “like” our page to get all the latest updates from Brian on your newsfeed!
Brian’s co-host on FOX & Friends Gretchen Carlson stopped by and weighed in on whether or not Hagel’s nomination is going to pass. Gretchen said she is sure he will get picked, and that this will not be a big to-do. “My theory is that [President Obama] formed a partnership with Senator Hagel when he was then Senator Obama, and they did those trips overseas together,” Gretchen said.
During the commercial break, Brian made an appearance on America’s Newsroom with Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum! He weighed in on the BCS game and the instant fame Alabama QB AJ McCarron’s girlfriend Katherine Webb (Miss Alabama) received from sitting in the stands.
Scott and Bethany Palmer, “The Money Couple,” are financial experts and authors of The 5 Money Personalities – Speaking the Same Love and Money Language. The two talked to Brian about the five personalities that are outlined in the book, and which personalities will always bump heads.
Fred Kaplan, author of The Insurgents: David Petraeus and the Plot to Change the American Way of War and Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter, talked to Brian about why he decided to write a book about the counter-insurgency strategy and more.
“What we’re doing to our children is immoral!”Senator Ron Johnson stopped by and talked about his call for spending reductions and why he is disappointed and frustrated since he came to power in 2010. Johnson also said that in order to make a change, Republicans need to be more demanding of President Obama, and so do the American people.